Yesterday was a Mother's Day Out Day and Mason had a less then stellar day that landed him in a time-out in the Director's office for 15 minutes. I'm trying to get over it and just accept that children go through phases and this shall pass. That doesn't mean that I'm going to stop parenting him, but that I will not allow it to bring my whole day down. Yesterday was also filled with him telling me "No" multiple times and then spitting in my face which I'm not going to lie...sent me into a mommy filled rage that no one should ever see. I sent my little man to bed with no books and no sweet cuddles. Once I finally sat down to calm down the tears started flowing. It was one of those days where you question everything about you parenting skills and which direction to go in. Today is a new day and a fresh start so we'll see where this will take us. I just want to say in no way, shape, or form am I complaining because I'm sure there are man parents out there who would love to have the hiccups I'm faced with over there's any day!
Count the Rainbows not the Thunderstorms~
Mason and his buddies on C Lane. We get to watch amazing sunsets like this almost daily.
As much as I enjoy this time of year and football being a staple in our home I seem to get wife-amnesia ever year because the Mr. total forgets about everything around him including me. The thing that bugs the most is him sitting on the couch with MY IPAD for 8 hours, I sit down next to him and if I ask him something I usually have to ask him 2-3 times before he hears me. I'm trying not to be on his case since it's only been 2 weeks and give him a chance to work it out, but this is my 11th football season with this man and I can probably tell you right now...he's not changing. The Mr. is in two fantasy football leagues and uses the IPAD the whole day on Sunday to watch his scores change every 30 seconds...OY!
1. Looks like there's rain on the radar this morning...what a welcomed blessing that would be if we could get a full day of rain.
2. Morning snuggles with my MC are the best.
3. It's taken me two hours to work on the post because my goodness the words just aren't flowing this morning. Maybe the decaf pretend coffee I'm drinking will do the trick.
4. I didn't get to get in on the Missoni for Target madness yesterday, but saw several items I would've loved to purchase. I'm currently saving my weekly allowance for a pair of Tory Burch revas so there's not much spending going on in this neck of the woulds. Mase and I have been hunkered down at the casa for the most part and trying to go at least one day a week with out leaving the house to save on meet my gas budget.
5. Speaking of Mason, yesterday he decided to go all T-Rex at school and bite a little on in his class named Scarlett for taking a baby doll away from him...oh dear...so I get to do the walk of shame tomorrow morning when I drop him off at school. My sis picked him up from school so that bought me a little time. I know these things are going to happen, but the still really get to me and hope that my child isn't labeled as that "kid" because anybody who knows MC knows that he's such a sweetie!
6. Went to the OB yesterday for my 28 week appt! I will to a separate post for that topic...lots of fun stuff folks.
7. Scott bought me an IPAD last week and I can not say enough about this thing...oh my GAWD...I freaking love it. Are there any APPS that you think is a must for me to download? I've downloaded a few, and I think currently the Nook App is my favorite. I love that I can buy the current issue of People and then take my IPAD to an appt and read it.
I guess that's about it...Mickey Mouse Club House is just about over which means my time is up. Happy Hump Day friends!
I can't help but be a wee bit nervous for Mason to start school tomorrow. We've worked so hard this whole summer to share and be nice to our friends. At the end of his summer program back in July he went out with a bang bite...he bite a friend in his class. To say I was mortified would be a total understatement. And of course in the last few days he's taken a few steps back in the behavior department. He's hit me a couple of times, hit and bit my mom over the weekend and pitched a friend at a birthday party when he wasn't able to do something first...so disappointed. With all that said, he did come down with a cold yesterday and usually his way of dealing with not feeling well is he acts out quite a bit. Please say a prayer that my boy behaves nicely and that his mommy isn't summoned to the Director's office anytime soon.
Oh yeah...one last thing. Took MC to pick out a back-pack the morning and of course out of all the cute ones he picks the most obnoxious plastic Toy Story back-pack. Before I was a mom I swore that my kids wouldn't wear or carry cheesy character clothes/pack-backs, but he was so stinking excited about it and who am I to deny him choices. It's all about choice...make a good choice.
Hmmm...I'm a daughter, sister, wife, mother and native Texan. I've been married to my best friend and love of my life for over 5 years now. In 2008 we added to our family when our precious son was born in July...Mason Charles. I never dreamed being a mother would be this amazing. Just watching him experience all of his first have been unbelievable...and we're just getting started!