Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today has a Sunday kind of feel to it

It's Tuesday and Scott is home today. Scott's napping, Mason's napping and I'm sitting in my office on the couch, feet propped up, laptop in my lap, sweet tea in one hand, looking out the window and listening to Etta James...can this day get any better?!?! I think not! We had lunch at a new cafe in Royse City called Hot Rodz Cafe...very tasty...super cheap. It was the perfect place to lunch because usually we don't like to eat out with Mase much, but this place was super accommodating and laid back. There lunch plates are $5.99 and that includes to sides. Mason and I shared Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and corn fritters...I know I know...not the healthiest of meals, but we hardly ever eat out so we went all out.

I'm really excited about tomorrow night...not only is it "Girl's Night Out", but we are going to see one of my favorite bands...Cross Canadian Ragweed at Southern Junction which is about 3 miles away from my house. I'm sooo looking forward to Scott getting home from work that night and me saying alright "Mason needs to be fed dinner, given a bath and then put to the bed...love you" and then out the door I go. It's really nice to take a break from being Mom every now and a then and just taking time for you...with in about 10 hr I will be ready to put my "mom hat" back on and get back to my boy.

Alright ya'll I'm out...have a good one!

XO,

Jenn

No comments: