Monday, January 24, 2011

Lullaby and Goodnight

Once upon a time...when he use to sleep in his nursery each night there was a time when after we had our bath, brushed our teeth, jammies on and read Goodnight Moon we would end our night with a 15-20 minute rocking session.  I cherished that time...he was so still and would wrap his little arms around me, rest his head on my chest (I could smell lavender Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo) and let me sing to him. I thought that this tradition would surely continue even though he was in his new big boy room...so I pushed the rocking chair in his new room on that first night.  He's been sleeping in his new room for almost a month now and he has yet to let me rock him...sniff...sniff.  I practically begged him last night to let me rock him even bribing him with candy and he still told me "No...I go nite-nite".  Sure, we've replaced rocking with other things that are equally as special, but Mama's that are still able to hold your little ones tight and rock them in the dark...soak it up...don't ever wish it away because in a blink of an eye it's gone.

Happy Monday Y'all,

Jenn

No comments: